Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Work In Progress

I'm still not ready to officially announce anything yet.  But I am getting closer to actually making the change and made some commitments to do this.  It's good, I promise.  But it is also a big, HUGE, scary step for me.  A leap of faith.  It is not a sudden change and will take a great effort from me and sacrifice from the rest of the family.  I am so blessed to have my family and friends on my side.  They all support this change.  My family is willing to make the adjustments that will be necessary - some definite, others possible.  It is a family commitment. 

I watched the movie "Faith Like Potatoes" this summer.  Check it out on Netflix if you haven't seen it yet. The farmer takes a huge leap of faith and puts the success and future of his community in the hands of God and a field of potatoes during a drought.  This is kind of how I feel.  I am in my own personal drought.  I am making a big change, a risky change, that I have prayed about, but that could be foolish and wasteful. I won't know until afterwards if it was wise and will benefit our family and community.  I have to trust God and pray that the sacrifices, time, and efforts will be worthwhile.

No comments: